Monday, September 03, 2007

Life in Bahrain is One Big Endurance Test...

Scanning through yesterday’s newspaper when a few interesting subjects ‎caught my attention which I would like to share with the rest of you people, it has ‎been a while since we’ve been here so let the slaughter begin...‎

All the things that you read about nowadays in the newspapers is a test for us to endure different kinds of nerve-wrecking tests and makes you wonder: "How on Earth is this country running?"

First thing that I noticed of course was the main headline on the front page:‎

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT A BUNCH OF ‎BULLCRAP AND HORSESHIT.‎

Moving on next to this column which reflects a personal experience:‎

To our non-Arabic readers, basically this guy is talking about a letter he received ‎from an exasperated customer to an “Islamic” bank where they charged him 1 ‎Dinar for every month his bank account was below 20 BD. Now, I understand that ‎banks do charge service charges for maintaining accounts which have no cash ‎in them, I have endured that during my student years abroad and I know it’s a ‎common practice internationally. The point, though, is that the bank in this case ‎did NOT make it clear to the customer that they were going to charge them 1 BD ‎for every month their balances are below 20 Dinars. The customer went to the ‎Bahrain Central Bank and told them about this. The BCB told the customer to ‎fuck off as it had nothing to do with them and it’s not a rule that they enforced. ‎We all thought that you motherfucking mongrels did. It became common ‎practice for banks around this country to charge this 1 Dinar. Now let me get this, ‎so you don’t care if banks do that? Okay it’s their right to pretend that they are ‎‎“losing” money from such accounts while on the other hand announce ‎humongous profits at the end of the year and they pay their arrogant employees ‎some 20-40 salaries bonuses. Gimme a fucking break you motherfucking thieves. ‎Hey I am not against whatever policies you decide to enforce. Just don’t fucking ‎rip me off by NOT telling me that you are going to start enforcing some charges ‎and keep charging me whilst not knowing about them. The Bahrainis are broke ‎enough to start worrying about their accounts going in the minus balance.

This ‎also happened to me but not by an “Islamic” bank but our very own “national” ‎NBB. Now these thieves are so good at it that they don’t give a flying fuck about ‎anyone or anything. I went the other day to the branch with a friend so I ‎remembered “Hey I had an account a LONG time ago. If it’s still open why not ‎deposit some money and forget about it? But hey no I am sure that it has been ‎closed down by now”. So I go up to the teller and give him my CPR Number ‎asking him whether an account in my name exists or not. To my surprise and joy it ‎did! Great! No need to reopen an account, just deposit some cash there and ‎forget about it again. All that went down the drain faster than a dumped piece ‎of crap travelling down the flush when the guy told me that the account existed ‎but it has MINUS 47 Dinars in it. WHAT? WHAT THE FUCK? And I asked the donkey ‎why was I in the minus, and not by a small amount but 47 fucking Dinars. He told ‎me that was because I was being charged 1 Dinar every month since they ‎started enforcing that rule. I asked him but my account was inactive for a LONG ‎time why wasn’t it closed? He said that they don’t close the accounts. ‎Elsewhere, now correct me if I’m wrong but an idle account gets closed down ‎after a few months or years of inactivity if it had ZERO balance. But no, these ‎asswipes kept the account open and kept charging me a Dinar a month until it ‎reached this silly number. I asked the fucker why I wasn’t told about this before ‎they started charging me, to which he didn’t have any answers, and I didn’t ‎expect such a low level creature to do. Thanks a bunch, fucking NBB, I already ‎hate you enough but this made me swear not to deal with you or let a member ‎of my family do, EVER. Fucking thieves just like the rest of the thieves in the ‎country.‎

And what's with "Islamic" banking anyways? They just found the right tool to lure religious extremists who think interest is forbidden in Islam to make them take loans using words like "Moraba7a" and "Ajara". This -In my humble opinion- is also interest and daylight robbery but they are more appealing to the bushy bearded and their ninja wives. "Ooooh looky I have a loan from an Islamic Bank. I will not pay Ribba. All you dealing with commercial banks are doomed to eternity of hellfire and endless anguish". Islamic banking my ass.

Okay so we are done with the appetizer, moved on to entrée and now onto the ‎dessert...‎

The situation on this damned causeway is getting from bad to worse. In the days ‎long ago, the Bahraini side was much more competent than that of the Saudi. ‎Nowadays it’s the exact opposite. Saudis have become much more efficient ‎and speedy while Bahrainis are deteriorating and getting worse and worse. The ‎reasons? One main reason is that the employed a whole new generation of ‎morons. Shitty kids with such a shitty attitude that you just wanna hold a giant ‎chainsaw and go through that artificial border island and cut it in half. They are ‎careless, slow and dumb. And God forbid should you say anything that ‎displeases them. They will make you wait even longer and make you wish you ‎hadn’t been born.‎

What’s with all the bureaucratic bullshit? Why don’t you allow people use their ‎personal ID cards (an ID card is different from the dumb smart card)? Now that’s ‎one document which was useful when I last went to Dubai, no passport, no ‎hassle, plus, in the GCC all they do is enter the passport number and they do not ‎stamp any exit or entry stamps in the passport so why bother carrying one when ‎you can use the useful card to go and come as you please?‎

Furthermore, why not eliminate that border island and keep everything on the ‎mainland? At least traffic will be eliminated on the causeway itself. Let the fee ‎collection booth, the customs and immigration part on the Saudi side and once ‎you reach the Bahraini side in mainland Bahrain, you go through the other ‎process of immigration, customs and inspection and vice-versa, use the toll ‎booth, customs and immigration on the Bahraini side and once you cross the ‎bridge, you arrive at mainland Saudi and go through immigration, customs and ‎inspection. You can use the artificial island as a service island containing petrol ‎stations and it already has restaurants. Sort of a last minute errand running place ‎in case you forget to complete them before leaving your country. Check out the ‎crappy illustration as a reference.‎

Get rid of those shitty kids or properly train them and actually punish them if they ‎screw up instead of giving them a power trip. Such people will shit on other ‎people’s heads thinking they are the highest of the high. You are high alright, ‎crack-high, that is.‎

I have another experience with the traffic police of the causeway but I’ll leave ‎that to another post when I bash at those pieces of chalk. Fucking mongrels.‎

Screw this shit, I’ll go shop for Ramadhan before prices get bumped up again. ‎Then they say all prices are under close control and observation, yaah riiight.‎

13 Comments:

Blogger Ammaro said...

is this country really becoming as depressing as i think it is?! its fkin ridiculous!

3:14 PM, September 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting, honest and unmerciful, as always. I'm wondering how come you team missed the whole tiesto fiasco? must have been the holiday bliss..

10:35 AM, September 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sorry, the above was me. I just wanted to say I am quite fond of your teamblog. I think I just spent an entire day reading it and it was well worth it. I wish you didn't hate radio bahrain so much, though.

2:56 PM, September 08, 2007  
Blogger LiB Team said...

Ammar: You are right, things are getting from bad to worse here. I dunno how to kill myself, is it through slitting my wrist using a wooden spoon or hang myself or slap a police officer?

Sealost: Welcome aboard and nice to have you here. Well all we want is Radio Bahrain is to improve, we didn't say the whole of it is bad. But most of it is!

8:48 AM, September 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your proposition is a non sense. It will not speed up anything. And having 20km between the exit of saudi and entrance of bahrain is stupid. This bridge will not belong to any country, and any accident happening on this bridge will not be covered by any insurance.
How Smart!

11:54 AM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Ammaro said...

Vince, do not argue with the great LIB team, for their wisdom is absolute.

2:08 PM, September 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, I agree with ammaro

but the lack of recent posts seems to suggest that life in Bahrain must be getting better, since there is nothing to complain about...? or did you give up blogging for Ramadan? wait, I don't think that it works like that.

5:25 AM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger Ammaro said...

they probably gave up and left the country... sometimes i think i need to do that

10:56 AM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger LiB Team said...

sorry guys it's hard for me not to cuss, life in Bahrain didn't get any better, in fact, for Ramadhan it gets worse than normal days. So I am saving my strength for after Eid. The lack of posts was because of the long leave and then Ramadhan came soon afterwards. We are around taking pics and notes and will be back after Eid. The thing is that if I post a "moderate" post, people won't like it as they are used to our angry style, plus we have a moderate writer, HaloweenHarry but I don't know if he is dead or alive because it's been ages since he posted an article.

Ammar, LOL @ leaving the country, I wish dude, I wish, one of those days...

9:16 AM, September 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok I'm counting down the days. you better be angry and it better be good. well, actually, doesn't matter. just post something. anything.

11:54 AM, October 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog is dead?

10:33 AM, November 08, 2007  
Blogger LiB Team said...

no, yet another hiatus. Lots of stuff in the pipeline, but need one burst of anger to let it all out.

8:18 AM, November 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but hello!!! Where are you guys? You are greatly missed!

10:26 PM, April 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home