Tuesday, March 20, 2007

LiB Team at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007

Coming back after a successful trip to Dubai, where the LiB team attended the Desert ‎Rock Festival in Dubai, and boy what a hectic trip it was!‎

First of all, the airlines, and man it was PERFECT!!! And NO I did NOT fly on fucking ‎Gulf Air this time. I used Al-Jazeera Airlines which was not only cheaper, but had ‎comfier seats, get this, they were leather seats! It’s true that for such budget airlines you ‎have to pay for snacks but I don’t mind, I mean, count with me: ‎

Airline return ticket incl. taxes: BD 32‎
Snacks: BD 1.5‎
Total: BD 33.5‎
Gulf Air getting owned by such airliners: PRICELESS!‎

Gulf fucking Air charges a whopping BD 100 for the same return flight with a snack ‎worse than gruel and prison food. Yet they whine about fuel prices and madree sheno* ‎and operating costs. FUCK YOU GULF AIR. Jazeera owns you any day of the year and I ‎am definitely flying with them again. I paid one-third of what I would have paid for a ‎fucked up flight which will probably be delayed by a couple of hours and cost THREE ‎times more and TEN times shittier attitude.‎

‎50 minutes later I arrived at Dubai Airport. After going through the customs and other ‎crappy procedures that you have to go through, I was one meter away from the door ‎when I heard a voice shouting “Hey you!”. I turned around and it was a local Bedouin-ass ‎customs officer. I gave him a strange look when he approached me with an angry face as ‎if I just raped his mother, and said to me with a shitty tone “where passport?”. I said ‎‎“na3am?”**, and he got shocked for some reason, asking me if I spoke Arabic. I said of ‎course I do, and that was after he saw my Bahraini passport! Now I know that a lot of ‎foreign fucks got Bahraini passports, but is it that bad that people have to ask you ‎whether you can speak Arabic or not? Answer: YES it is. Apparently the “speaking ‎Arabic language” part is not a must to get a Bahraini passport nowadays, sad but true. ‎

Anyhow back to the story. So this fucker pulls me to the side and I follow him to a ‎counter at the opposite side of the customs area, where he opens my backpack and starts ‎taking out my stuff, and me of course staring at him with a big smile on my face, telling ‎him to do whatever the fuck he wants just to get it over with. 10 minutes have passed and ‎the guy was shocked to see so much crap stuffed into a small backpack. I told him “It ‎took me an hour to pack all this, now when you’re done you’re going to put everything ‎the way it was”. He gave me a grin and continued. I asked him why he stopped me and ‎let all those fucking foreigners pass by. He said it was just a random procedure where ‎they pick a random person and start searching him. Hmmm now that’s good, I mean it’s ‎his job after all, and I was more than cooperative, but think about it, he’s taking 30 ‎minutes of his time to search me. And I’m looking at all the other suspicious looking ‎mother fuckers pass by. What makes him sure that none of those guys carry anything ‎suspicious or illegal (drugs, weapons, dildos etc)? I guess he would’ve left me alone if I ‎was a white guy with blonde hair, god damn white worshipping fuck. Maybe they should ‎hire people with a better judge of character, instead of just looking at skin color, fucking ‎fags. ‎

So with me waiting patiently and continuing to smile just to piss him off even more, and ‎him not being able to find anything in my bag, he decided to take me to a small room at ‎the back, where he strip-searched me, and yet again, I had a big fucking smile just to get ‎on his nerves for wasting my fucking time. ‎

After searching every inch of my body (literally), and sniffing my underwear (procedure ‎or kinky fucker? You decide), I put my pants back on and looked at him. I asked him if ‎there was anything else. He said “NO” with a fucked up face and just left the room, ‎slamming the door behind him. So basically, if I was an ass to him, he would’ve given ‎me a hell of an attitude. And if you’re nice, they still give you shit for it? I mean what the ‎fuck? Don’t I deserve a “thank you for your time or cooperation” or whatever? Fucking ‎good for nothing dumb-ass Bedouin. I guess spending all that time 6a33ising*** in your ‎Land Cruiser with your friends rather than staying in school is probably what got you ‎here, sniffing my stinky underwear. I guess that’s enough and fair punishment after all. ‎

Anyhow, with that out of the way, I left the Airport looking for a taxi, where I started ‎calling several hotels looking for available rooms, guess it was dumb not to confirm the ‎reservations before, but I managed to find a hotel that wasn’t half bad. All I needed was a ‎bed and a toilet, so I wasn’t really bothered about which hotel I stayed at, but BD 40 a ‎night? For a 3-star hotel? Prices were much cheaper before. Apparently as the friendly ‎taxi driver explained; prices are going up each year, so probably it would cost you BD 60 ‎to stay at the same hotel in 2 years time! So I arrive at the hotel and go through the check ‎in process, and the guy behind the counter asks where I’m from. I said Bahrain. And he ‎goes “this is a family hotel, no girls allowed”, oooookaaaaay, so I’m guessing other ‎Bahrainis come to Dubai to raise hell and go back to the shit hole they came from ‎‎(probably riffa3), kinda like the reputation Saudis have in our country! ‎

A few hours later the rest of the LiB team members reached the hotel, with a rental van to ‎take us around. They checked in their rooms and then we all got into the van and went to ‎grab a quick meal to eat while we were driving to the event. We were already late as their ‎flight arrived at 2 pm and the doors for the thing opened at 3 pm, until everyone was ‎checked in it was already 3 pm. We stopped at a Burger King near the hotel and got a ton ‎of food in order to satisfy the hunger of all 7 of us! We were starving. We took the food ‎and were now on our way while massacring the poor burgers and chicken burgers. Even ‎the poor fried potatoes were screaming for mercy! But nothing escaped the ruthlessness ‎of the guys where only the paper wrappings were short from being devoured as can be ‎seen below.‎
‎Food‎
‎Food‎

We stopped for a quick petrol filling session and we were well on our way after that, at ‎the petrol station we saw the amazing Dubai skyline. It’s amazing to see all the ‎development that goes on in there while we sit and watch them become something they ‎weren’t when we were something in the past and now it’s totally the other way round. ‎Then all we do is sit and whine and bitch about how we WERE something in the past. ‎Yes we WERE, now we are NOT, instead of whining we should do something about it. ‎Still though there are a lot of people in Bahrain who care about their own well being, so ‎instead of uniting to work for a better Bahrain, everyone works for their own people. ‎Baba if you work together everyone will achieve prosperity, dumbasses. Well until then, ‎this is what we have to compete with:‎
‎Dubai Skyline‎

It was now 4 pm and we were heading on the Hatta-Al Ain road where the map said we ‎should be heading and took the turn where it was shown on the map and then continued ‎to follow the arrows on the shitty map (a shit ass map on the back of the ticket which ‎looks like something drawn by hand, kinda like the ones you find on kids birthday ‎invitation cards). The road sign said that Al Ain was about 120 km away and we went on ‎and on until the sign read 50 km to Al Ain! WTF! We were like half way to Al Ain and ‎still haven’t reached our damn destination? We went all the way back and took another ‎turn thinking that it was the turn we missed; we went on and on until we reached the ‎same place. What the fuck was that? So we called some damn fucking number they have ‎for tourist information and you tell them where you are and guide you on the phone ‎telling you which turns to take and what signs you will be seeing ahead. That they were ‎accurate at, I mean we were actually seeing which signs they said we would see, only ‎thing is, we still haven’t reached the fucking place and were actually going in circles. So ‎finally we took a turn using our instinct and then we told the shitty services to guide us ‎from there which they have also failed at. Finally it’s 5:30 pm and we arrive at the damn ‎venue where we only reached at the end of In Flames’ performance and we only got to ‎see them play 2 and a half songs! Needless to say that we told the tourist info services to ‎go fuck themselves for the shit ass service they provided and cursed the Dubai Country ‎Club -where the event was being held- for putting such shitty maps on their tickets.‎
‎Driving to the DDRF 2007‎
‎Driving to the DDRF 2007‎

The event itself was great and we all had fun. There were a lot of people there and it was ‎noticed that a lot of shitty Indians were there. I mean we’re not like racist or something ‎but these people had the shittiest attitudes we had ever seen. One wanted to pick a fight ‎with my brother just cause he wanted to get past him to get a bit to the front where he ‎ended up (the Indian of course) getting a punch in the face. I mean it was crowded and ‎people were sweating from moshing. Hell I know I was, but I didn’t smell half as bad as ‎those guys from Bangladesh. I mean talk about B.O.! Don’t they sell deodorant in their ‎country? I mean I know it’s a poor country and shit, but if they can afford a plane ticket ‎to Dubai and tickets to the concert, you think they can’t spare half a dinar on a small can ‎of deodorant? Guess not. Goddamn didoogh**** smell makes you high man!!! And ‎what’s worse, at the end of the concert when Iron Maiden were done, they were throwing ‎the drums’ sticks for audience to collect, pretty normal, it happens in every rock concert. ‎What happened here was that the stick landed right on one of our team’s shoulders and he ‎grabbed it. What we didn’t realize is the 1000 other subcontinental fuckers who ‎immediately came to our guy trying to get the stick from his hands! I mean get over it ‎you misers! The guy got it, but no, our poor teammate got pulled right inside a vortex of ‎stench and he had to let go in order to stop being pulled away from us, it was not worth it ‎being crushed and by whom? However, as he let go he was still being pulled then those ‎black assholes realized that the stick is in their gang’s grip they let go of our guy. That’s ‎what they always do, gang up on people until they get something. Like the fucking ‎lottery, they gather half a Dinar each to buy a BD 10 lottery ticket, then you realize that ‎they won a fucking Jaguar. Go figure. For them it will be worth it cuz after splitting the ‎prize money they will build a palace in the shithole where they came from. Good for ‎nothing asswipes.‎
‎Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎

We managed to get our signature on the board where it had the bands’ names on and ‎people would write all sorts of shit.‎
‎Signature Board at the DDRF 2007‎
‎Signature Board at the DDRF 2007‎
‎Signature Board at the DDRF 2007‎

All the bands came and went, Stone Sour were cool. The Prodigy also had a nice ‎performance. Just watch the “Firestarter” video below.‎
‎The Prodigy at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎
‎
‎

Then came Iron Maiden. They performed incredibly and rocked the whole house with ‎their exhilarating songs and great crowd-pumping tunes. Everyone was happy and people ‎were enjoying themselves to the fullest.‎

I had to take a quick toilet break when I saw a Scottish dude talking to me, just being ‎friendly and I told him that I was in Scotland just a month back and before that as a ‎student, when suddenly a guy came from behind and started telling the Scottish person ‎‎“Why you kick my ass?” and I was like “Huh?” and then this guys started throwing ‎punches at the Scottish person with me in the middle, I could have ended up being stuck ‎between these two people and their fight where I was holding them apart and shouting ‎‎“KNOCK IT OFF GUYS!” and then a couple of people came and took the Scottish guy ‎and I took the other guy aside. I asked him what was up and he said “This guy kicked my ‎ass” and other shit which I couldn’t understand then I asked him where he was from and ‎he said “Bahrain”. Okay so el akh Ba7raini? He was like yeah! And I told him I was ‎Bahraini too and whatever the reasons were it was wrong for him to act like that, and I ‎asked him how he got his ass kicked by the Scottish person, thinking he might have hit ‎him hard in the mosh pit or something like that. Then the guy told me that the Scottish ‎guy pinched him in the toilet! Oh so that was his ass kicking adventure! I told him that he ‎still was wrong cause even if he complains, no one would believe him cause Emaratis as ‎well as the rest of the Khaleejis are white skin and blond hair worshippers. I also told him ‎that it was NOT worth it to get the boot because of such lowlife people and just walk ‎away and I pushed him towards the crowd telling him to go find his friends and have fun ‎and not bother with worthless people. Finally he was convinced, thanked me and went on ‎to enjoy the rest of the show.‎

By now the place was packed and that toilet break cost me my place deep inside the ‎crowd. I tried to push myself in to get to where I was but I reached a point where I ‎couldn’t get any further, but hey no complaints and the view was great. But wait! What’s ‎that flying over our heads? Oh no! They are flying beer cans and people were throwing ‎them all over the place and everyone standing in the range of these flying cans got ‎drenched! I smelled like a brewery by the end of the concert but that didn’t stop me from ‎taking the following shots!‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎

Here are other pics from the Iron Maiden performance shot by the other LiB Team ‎members who were on the other side of the stage. Again, enjoy!‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎
‎Iron Maiden at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2007‎

In all, it was an unforgettable outing and we will definitely do it again next year.‎

I met some Arabs who, when I told them I was from Bahrain, asked me “But a lot of ‎Bahrainis like rock music more than Emaratis, why don’t you hold such events?” To ‎which I answered with a grin: “As long as we have those bushy bearded extremists, we ‎will only go backwards”. What do you expect from a bunch of backwarded fucks who ‎attack a normal Spring of Culture event? What do you expect from a bunch of dickwads ‎who label local rock bands as Satanists? Do you expect those to allow Rock and Metal ‎bands to perform peacefully in Bahrain? I suspect that. I mean seriously, I was sitting ‎there and imagining the possibility of having such bands perform in our country. This ‎reminded me of an outing I had a few months ago, where I met this lovely lady that ‎works for a local company called “8th wonder”. We started talking about her job and ‎apparently they are responsible for organizing events of all kind, sports, music, cultural ‎whatever. And I asked her why they never organize anything like the desert rock festival, ‎and I explained to her how a lot of locals would attend, and people from abroad as well. ‎She clearly answered: “We can’t deal with rock music because of the image it has in our ‎country”. THANK YOU VERY FUCKING MUCH YOU KHAR KOSSA BUSHY ‎WAHABI FUCKS!‎

I mean I read the goddamn newspaper and its all about some good for nothing Mulla MPs ‎attacking the damn cultural events, I mean the whole reason behind these events is to ‎introduce close minded fucks like them to other countries’ cultures. But noooo, just ‎because the ballerina is wearing tight clothes, that makes them INFIDELS!!! Go back to ‎your fucking camels you retarded fucks, even Saudi Arabia is going forward, and we are ‎aiming for the Stone Age. ‎

It’s ok for these Mulla MPs to own bars and night clubs (I know, shocking! But yes some ‎of them do). Then they talk out of their asses as if they know everything and they are ‎god’s messengers to spread peace across Bahrain. Kiss my hairy ass! Islam is not a ‎religion of force, it is a religion of choice. If you find these events offensive then stay in ‎your goddamn caves. No one is forcing your ugly beardy ass to attend (seriously I ‎wonder everyday how these fuckers fuck their wives every night with a face like that and ‎a beard full of fleas, no wonder most their wives are looking for dick). I swear one day ‎I’ll run over one of these mulla fuckers, then I’ll reverse on him, and then I’ll get out of ‎the car and get the bat out of the trunk and tenderize his ass. Man I hate them ‎so much it brings tears to my eyes. ‎

Fuck these retards, I’ll go get high, someone get me a dildoogh!‎

‎* Madree sheno = Don’t know what – Watchamacallit‎
‎** Na3am? = Yes?‎
‎*** 6a33ising = Driving Huge SUVs on Sand Dunes‎
‎**** Dildoogh = Armpit‎

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you dudes are back! Your blog rocks!!!

1:33 PM, March 20, 2007  
Blogger Haf3z said...

Great to see that you guys had a good time. We spoke a while back about this trip and I envy you :). By the way, I wish you all a happy eid and happy new year! Talk to you soon.

5:19 PM, March 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog rocks like Bruce Dickenson driving an eighteen wheeler through a monster truck extravaganza!!!

I tell you what the problem is: its not the MPs, its the almost infinite number of morons who voted them in. Which is why there's a need for this blog to serve as a metaphorical baseball bat to beat some sense into the dumb fucks out there.

LiB, have it at 'em.

11:44 PM, March 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog rocks like Bruce Dickenson driving an eighteen wheeler through a monster truck extravaganza!!!

I tell you what the problem is: its not the MPs, its the almost infinite number of morons who voted them in. Which is why there's a need for this blog to serve as a metaphorical baseball bat to beat some sense into the dumb fucks out there.

LiB, have it at 'em.

11:44 PM, March 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaw where did my comment gooo? Just wanted to tell you,great post. Really cracked me up. Im happy you had a great time. The account of the asskicking Scottsman was really funny :p.

10:38 AM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger SILVER said...

Guys excellent blog, looks like it was a blast of a concert!!
Keepup the good work

12:05 PM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger lostandfound said...

i like ur blog but apparently u guys are new at concerts which was not big at all by any standard.....

the concert was gold.........the shit that happens is usual in any bloody concert worth its mention

5:01 PM, May 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this blog rocks. you are my connection to the inner mind of Bahrain. don't ever stop writing.

3:22 AM, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home