Monday, July 10, 2006

The End of a Long Month…(a.k.a. The Other Side of the World Cup)

For a person who doesn’t give a shit about football (That's soccer to those idiots who call a sport where someone running HOLDING an oval shaped ball in their fucking arms FOOTball), this has been one hell of a month. Thank god it’s all over…

All I heard, all I saw, fucking football fever everywhere. People at work didn’t stop talking about it, people at coffee shops, people on the street, people on the net, every-fucking-where. I got so sick of that goddamned round ugly ball being kicked around…

Yes, I was invited to watch a few matches with a bunch of guys here and there. And I was entertaining myself by playing a song or a movie in my head. That really helped me to get through the long hour and a half of boredom.

I was with a bunch of guys watching the final match last night (not that I wanted to be there but I was invited, plus they offered me dinner so I went). And through the match everyone was yelling and screaming and shit. In the end we cheered and clapped for both teams for giving a good show and trying their best, and drove home.

Sadly on the way home, I went past Adliya road. Boy I wish I didn’t. Everyone was honking their horns and waving Italian flags and had their faces painted and screaming and getting out of their cars and shit. For a minute I thought there was a riot going on or something of that sort, but it was just a bunch of morons celebrating Italy winning the World Cup…

Ok, I understand you watching the game whether at home or outside and cheering the teams during the game. But what the hell is that all about? All you hear is a bunch of morons yelling “We won, we won”. We did??? I had to look at my passport for a second to make sure I was still in the right country. We won?? What the hell did we win?? And if we won, then who the hell are we??? Last time I checked, our country didn’t even come close to getting into the World Cup, not even winning anything!!!

Ok, so I understand you dipshits cheering for Iran (since 70% of Bahrain’s population have Iranian roots), or an Arab team since our shitty team could not make it amongst football's elite. But Italy?? My mom didn’t tell me that we had family in Italy, nor have I ever been there… No one told me that people that live in freej el mukharga have Italian roots?? And people from Matam Bin-Saloom are originated from Sicily??? Or dipshits of Riffa and Isa Town came from Milan and Rome. Gimme a fucking break… *



We won my ass, you didn’t win shit. THEY DID!

Fans celebrate Italy's World Cup win outside the team hotel in Berlin



And some guys at work came up to me and asked me whether I won or lost (by that apparently they meant whether I supported France or Italy). I just gave them a grin and said “I didn’t win anything. Italy won, so congrats to them”… We won my ass, I don’t remember seeing you running around the field sweating like a bitch for 2 hours???


I actually saw an Italian guy that works with me. And I congratulated him on the win, because HIS COUNTRY won. Not yours, not ours…Fucking good for nothing nincompoops…. And besides, it was his country that won and he didn’t seem to give two shits about the whole thing anyways although Italians are known for their flaming passion for football, so who should be rightfully celebrating…. Eh?

Fuck this shit, I’ll go watch the Teela** championships……


*This is just to clarify that the areas of Bahrain we used are simply to emphasise the "Italianization" that some actually claim! YES! Bahrainis claim that they are so close to being Italian that only their names are not Italian! What the fuck!! Not that all are from these areas, this is for pure entertainment only.

**Teela: Marbles (the ones that kids play with).

[LiB Teamleader's comments: Great article by our (other side of...) member, he is also the one who wrote the other side of F1 article. This is just a reminder that we in LiB Team have different opinions and interests and that you might find some of our articles contradicting, it's cuz not all are written by the same person.

6 Comments:

Blogger Haf3z said...

Hey guys, long time since I heard from you. I agree with you about the Italy euphoria. Where I live, there are approximately 20 thousand Assyrians and they also think they originally come from Italy. They were raving about them winning while they actually have no fucking connection to that team anyhow. Anyways, nice post! See you around.

9:23 AM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Mo said...

Just a little note:

"Last time I checked, our country didn’t even come close to getting into the World Cup."

We actually were one goal away from making the World Cup. For a nation our size that's quite impressive. Depressing we didn't actually make it, but still impressive.

9:32 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Haf3z said...

The only way Bahrain will reach the WC finals is by grassrolling and psychological terror á la Marco Materazzi.

12:30 AM, July 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haf-il 3iz, i can tell u support france...9ij inak haf...Materazzi taj raasik.

2:41 PM, July 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iran (since 70% of Bahrain’s population have Iranian roots),

Since when did the majority of the Bahraini population have iranian roots?

I suggets you read something about the ethnic makeup of Bahrain before dishing out a load of utter crap.


Just because the majority of Bahrain belong to the Shia sect of Islam that does not mean they have Iranian roots.

You should learn how to distingusih between religious and ethnic affiliation.

Thank you.

4:58 PM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger LiB Team said...

Last anon, what a tool,

There is something called, a figure of speech, it doesn't necessarily have to be 70% of the damn population that have Iranian root. Before you go crying on someone's shoulders, I suggest you lighten up a bit. Thinking I don't know jack shit. WTF, this is supposed to be funny. Don't come correcting me dumbass cuz I deliberately say wrong shit to challenge your "know-it-all" mind. Thanks.

6:20 PM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home